• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hanzhou restaurant

brescd01

gallery_23992_3606_75507.jpg

But my favorite thing at that meal was unexpected: fried rice.  This is very different from any other fried rice I've had, with a different texture to the rice itself, and a slightly smoky flavor.  We had the mixed one that included beef and chicken and pork, along with various vegetables.  It's the best fried rice I've had in Philly's Chinatown, distinct in style from most others.

Phil, you speak the truth! I had the fried rice tonight, and it was great. It's not a dish I often order, but this had a depth of flavor that was really extraordinary.

The juicy buns have gotten even better over time, I think: more soup, and with a good dough texture. My friend (visiting from Baton Rouge) was blown away: we ordered a second batch of them.

• 8 months later...