• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

[Seattle] Farewell & Welcome: Closings, Transformations, Openings (Part 1)

The No Boundaries Café space in the market is available. 640 square feet for $1,500 a month.

Drink!

I refuse to spend my life worrying about what I eat. There is no pleasure worth forgoing just for an extra three years in the geriatric ward. --John Mortimera

Della and I tried Crave yesterday and on our way down 12th passed Lark. The sign wasn't up?? I'm sure they are closed this week for the holiday, there was a note in the window but we were in the car. Anyone know why the sign was down though???

Della and I tried Crave yesterday and on our way down 12th passed Lark. The sign wasn't up?? I'm sure they are closed this week for the holiday, there was a note in the window but we were in the car. Anyone know why the sign was down though???

Well, their phone line says they are open though New Year's Eve, closing Jan1-4 for some repairs (maybe a sign?), and reopening on the 5th. They did close for Christmas...

Does anyone know if Ipanema is open downtown yet? It's the place that Sam Hassan from Rio in the U-District is opening in the space that used to be Wolfgang Puck Cafe in the Harbour Steps. Their website isn't up yet. Thanks.

Rocky

[edited for typos, lots of them]

Edited by rockdoggydog (log)

Wow! I was just talking about this place to friends last night. Let me know when they are open. I owe a friend a dinner and would love to take them there.

"Homer, he's out of control. He gave me a bad review. So my friend put a horse head on the bed. He ate the head and gave it a bad review! True Story." Luigi, The Simpsons

Not sure about that one - but on 4th, North of the library, adjacent to W, is Jasmine - looks to be open for lunch and dinner - an upscale mongolian grill?

Is that where the Red Robin used to be?

Practice Random Acts of Toasting

I went to Collins Pub the other night (great burger with boursin and sauteed morels) and noticed that the Ibiza Dinner Club next door has a sign out saying they're opening next month.  Peered through a hole in the obligatory brown paper, cool space though there's still a lot of work to be done.  Stupid question: does anyone know if this place is going to be Spanish?

For those who don't know, both are located on 2nd Ave in the building next to the Smith Tower.  Hopefully their luck (or planning) will be better than Bandol's (space still vacant, BTW).

Drove by last night and the paper is off the windows, drapes are hung and wine glasses on the tables. Looks like a really swank space. If anyone hears any details or actually goes, please post.

Most women don't seem to know how much flour to use so it gets so thick you have to chop it off the plate with a knife and it tastes like wallpaper paste....Just why cream sauce is bitched up so often is an all-time mytery to me, because it's so easy to make and can be used as the basis for such a variety of really delicious food.

- Victor Bergeron, Trader Vic's Book of Food & Drink, 1946

Wow! I was just talking about this place to friends last night.  Let me know when they are open.  I owe a friend a dinner and would love to take them there.

I walked past today, and there are still signs on the windows saying "Opening Dec 2004" and "Opening Fall 2004". But I saw someone cleaning the tables inside, which is probably a good sign...

I went to Collins Pub the other night (great burger with boursin and sauteed morels) and noticed that the Ibiza Dinner Club next door has a sign out saying they're opening next month.  Peered through a hole in the obligatory brown paper, cool space though there's still a lot of work to be done.  Stupid question: does anyone know if this place is going to be Spanish?

For those who don't know, both are located on 2nd Ave in the building next to the Smith Tower.  Hopefully their luck (or planning) will be better than Bandol's (space still vacant, BTW).

Drove by last night and the paper is off the windows, drapes are hung and wine glasses on the tables. Looks like a really swank space. If anyone hears any details or actually goes, please post.

I'm starting to feel like a stalker....

Indeed the menu is pretty typical looking Spanish with a mix of tapas and mains. Prices appear reasonable, most tapas $5-$10 and mains $15-$20.

It was completely empty at 6, not surprising I suppose.

Most women don't seem to know how much flour to use so it gets so thick you have to chop it off the plate with a knife and it tastes like wallpaper paste....Just why cream sauce is bitched up so often is an all-time mytery to me, because it's so easy to make and can be used as the basis for such a variety of really delicious food.

- Victor Bergeron, Trader Vic's Book of Food & Drink, 1946

Appears that The Wingdome on the Ave is done. Brown paper up on the windows when I walked by this morning...

"So, do you want me to compromise your meal for you?" - Waitress at Andy's Diner, Dec 4th, 2004.

The Fat Boy Guzzle --- 1/2 oz each Jack Daniels, Wild Turkey, Southern Comfort, Absolut Citron over ice in a pint glass, squeeze 1/2 a lemon and top with 7-up...Credit to the Bar Manager at the LA Cafe in Hong Kong who created it for me on my hire. Thanks, Byron. Hope you are well!

http://bloatitup.com

Too bad about Wing Dome. I'm not a fan of chicken wings, but they had great chicken sandwiches and popcorn shrimp. They had great hot sauce too. Does anyone know if the other Wing Domes are still in business?

"Homer, he's out of control. He gave me a bad review. So my friend put a horse head on the bed. He ate the head and gave it a bad review! True Story." Luigi, The Simpsons

Another one bites the dust on the Ave. The Pho place in the space formerly known as The Noble Palace, next to the Himalayan Sherpa is also closed and papered up.

The sign on the Wingdome asks that you visit their other locations...

"So, do you want me to compromise your meal for you?" - Waitress at Andy's Diner, Dec 4th, 2004.

The Fat Boy Guzzle --- 1/2 oz each Jack Daniels, Wild Turkey, Southern Comfort, Absolut Citron over ice in a pint glass, squeeze 1/2 a lemon and top with 7-up...Credit to the Bar Manager at the LA Cafe in Hong Kong who created it for me on my hire. Thanks, Byron. Hope you are well!

http://bloatitup.com

There seems to be a new restaurant going into a large, renovated house more or less across the street from Philly Fevre on Madison. Heidi at the Fargonian told me the restaurant should be open by February. Anybody know the full story?

Perhaps it's this new place, Crush, written up on seattledining.com?

Crush Info

Jan

Jan

Seattle, WA

"But there's tacos, Randy. You know how I feel about tacos. It's the only food shaped like a smile....A beef smile."

--Earl (Jason Lee), from "My Name is Earl", Episode: South of the Border Part Uno, Season 2

There seems to be a new restaurant going into a large, renovated house more or less across the street from Philly Fevre on Madison. Heidi at the Fargonian told me the restaurant should be open by February. Anybody know the full story?

Perhaps it's this new place, Crush, written up on seattledining.com?

Crush Info

Jan

Holy cow!

Here's a weird one - Isabella - on 2nd (I don't know anyone who's eaten there) is dark. A sign on the door says they closed due to the unsafe and unsanitary conditions in the building.

i ate there. once.

from overheard in new york:

Kid #1: Paper beats rock. BAM! Your rock is blowed up!

Kid #2: "Bam" doesn't blow up, "bam" makes it spicy. Now I got a SPICY ROCK! You can't defeat that!

--6 Train

John Howie's latest, Sport, is set to open next Tuesday (January 18th) at Fisher Plaza across from the Space Needle.

We drove by there last night and I actually thought it might be open. Lots of people in there, all the TVs on. I guess they were just doing final prep for opening.