• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Everything Wine

I had a chance to nip into the new Everything Wine store on Marine Drive in North Vancouver. I only had a few minutes (I'll go back this weekend) but my first impression was pretty durn good. Nice layout, lots of interesting wines, and what appeared to be some serious bargains. Now, I'll be the first to admit that my wine knowledge is restricted -- I'm not bad on Italians -- so I was hoping the more knowledgeable would chime in on what they saw as good deals in the store.

Cheers!

Paul B

Awesome Place...amazing selection...everything from the cheapies to the grand

Do they list out the Wine Spectator and Wine Advocate scores on their wines?

They had some posted.

And, by the way, they do some serious wine tasting at a central bar at certain hours every day.

Woot!

Paul B

• 6 months later...

Everything Wine's markups are extremely low, very close to BCL prices. Significantly less than any other private store.

Seconding their tastings - last time I was there, the man pouring the tasting was the owner of the winery! And he was very generous with some excellent reds that were well out of my price range :rolleyes: I believe they are 3-6pm.

Edited by Nicholas Ellan (log)