• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Getting Married in Las Vegas

A couple of my friends are getting married in Las Vegas on September 19, at The Little White Wedding Chapel, which is at the north end of the Strip. The wedding party will be staying at Circus Circus, and need recomendations for a reasonably nice, reasonabley priced, place for dinner for about 20 people for that night. These folks are Sonny's BBQ, Olive Garden, Red Lobster types, so accomidations don't have to be supurb, but a step up from chain dining would be good. Any suggestions?

"Commit random acts of senseless kindness"

A couple of my friends are getting married in Las Vegas on September 19, at The Little White Wedding Chapel, which is at the north end of the Strip. The wedding party will be staying at Circus Circus, and need recomendations for a reasonably nice, reasonabley priced, place for dinner for about 20 people for that night. These folks are Sonny's BBQ, Olive Garden, Red Lobster types, so accomidations don't have to be supurb, but a step up from chain dining would be good. Any suggestions?

How about one of the myriad of buffets? I personally love the Bellagio's!!

Not a very high bar to clear. :)

If they are going to stay on the strip, I would suggest they head south and not consider anything until hitting Wynn.

Though I hear people say good things about the steak house at Circus Circus. Wouldn't be MY type of place, I don't think, but it may be just the right amount of fancy for that group.

Jeff Meeker, aka "jsmeeker"

My nephew was married in January in Vegas. We all (50 of us) went over to Maggiano's italian afterwards. It is in the Fashion Show Mall with views of Wynn. The food was reasonably priced and very good. We had a private room, but 20 could be accomodated even easier. I had never heard of it prior to January, but I have friends here at work tell me it's one of the best in Vegas.

Check it out.

Maggiano's

3200 Las Vegas Blvd S

Las Vegas, NV 89109-2612

Phone: 702.732.2550

Cuisine: Family style Italian

Reservations: Not required

Price Range: $12 - $30

Hours: Sun.- Thurs. 11 AM - 11 PM; Fri. - Sat., 11 AM - Midnight

Attire: Casual

Hope this helps!

Valerie in San Diego

judiu, pardon the inquisition, but I have a few questions.

Since Sept. 19 is on a Friday, about what time do they want the dinner party? 5 pm? 6 pm? 7 pm?

What price range per person? $25? $50? $75? $100? On the Strip, $25 is about the price of a good lunch buffet at Bellagio or Wynn, $50 is the starting price for dinner (prix fixe dinner at Daniel Boulud at the Wynn for about $48 before 7 pm).

What kind of cuisine? French? Steakhouse? Italian? Mexican? American? Southern? Seafood? Asian? BTW There are a few steakhouses in Las Vegas.

What kind of ambience and decor? Nice and quiet with NO rock & roll music? Or something more festive? Formal? Casual? Does the wedding party want to eat their dinner and/or drink their dinner? Beer? Wine? Hard liquor? Iced tea? Soda?

On the Strip or off the Strip? Downtown Las Vegas? A good local Las Vegas restaurant as opposed to a chain? I'll try to find a list of local places, if that's what the couple wants.

A couple of important questions: Are you a part of the wedding party? If so, what restaurant do you want?

Again, sorry about the questions. When it comes to weddings, might as well do it right.

Russell J. Wong aka "rjwong"

Food and I, we go way back ...

judiu, pardon the inquisition, but I have a few questions.

Since Sept. 19 is on a Friday, about what time do they want the dinner party? 5 pm? 6 pm? 7 pm?

What price range per person? $25? $50? $75? $100? On the Strip, $25 is about the price of a good lunch buffet at Bellagio or Wynn, $50 is the starting price for dinner (prix fixe dinner at Daniel Boulud at the Wynn for about $48 before 7 pm).

What kind of cuisine? French? Steakhouse? Italian? Mexican? American? Southern? Seafood? Asian? BTW There are a few steakhouses in Las Vegas.

What kind of ambience and decor? Nice and quiet with NO rock & roll music? Or something more festive? Formal? Casual? Does the wedding party want to eat their dinner and/or drink their dinner? Beer? Wine? Hard liquor? Iced tea? Soda?

On the Strip or off the Strip? Downtown Las Vegas? A good local Las Vegas restaurant as opposed to a chain? I'll try to find a list of local places, if that's what the couple wants.

A couple of important questions: Are you a part of the wedding party? If so, what restaurant do you want?

Again, sorry about the questions. When it comes to weddings, might as well do it right.

Whee! Thanks for the questions; I KNEW I should have clarified this better! They are getting married at 5 P.M., and then want to hang out for a while with cocktails, and then eat dinner, maybe at the same place, maybe a different place for dinner. As far as the bride and groom are concerned, less is better. Casual works for these folks, but they'll probably be all gussied up in wedding gear, so if the place is TOO casual, they'll look lost. I think either steakhouse, Italian or American. Southern might work. The entire party are drinkers and partyers, but not really rowdy. I'm not going to be there, due a bad case of "'myfundsarelow". (Thank the Most High...) ( I'm not good with mob scenes :laugh: ) If there is such thing as a small local chain, that might work. I'm fairly sure they'd like a private room, but not necessarily. They're fairly gregarious, so festive is good. Old rock and roll is a general favorite, as is SOME country, but not totally "lost my wife, lost my pick-up lost my dog", if you know what I mean.

:rolleyes:

judiu, I got some info from a local Las Vegas foodie.

For now, have your friends look at this website: Nora's Cuisine

It's off the Strip, going west on Flamingo Rd. I've never been there. Mind you, for research purposes of course, I'll try the place on my next trip to Las Vegas, sometime this summer before your friends' wedding.

My Vegas friend said that Nora's is "Garlic City." A local favorite, serving over 300 guests a day. And the prices look really affordable. Their large group menus (12 or more) has a price range from $22-32 per person. And that includes all sodas & ice teas, but not the 7.75% sales tax nor the 18% gratuity.

I think that restaurant might fit the bill. I hope this helps.

Russell J. Wong aka "rjwong"

Food and I, we go way back ...

judiu, I got some info from a local Las Vegas foodie.

For now, have your friends look at this website: Nora's Cuisine

It's off the Strip, going west on Flamingo Rd. I've never been there. Mind you, for research purposes of course, I'll try the place on my next trip to Las Vegas, sometime this summer before your friends' wedding.

My Vegas friend said that Nora's is "Garlic City." A local favorite, serving over 300 guests a day. And the prices look really affordable. Their large group menus (12 or more) has a price range from $22-32 per person. And that includes all sodas & ice teas, but not the 7.75% sales tax nor the 18% gratuity.

I think that restaurant might fit the bill. I hope this helps.

Way cool; too many thanks!

You might want to consider doing a "drinks and appetizers" type of party. It would be fun for a big group-sort of like a communal passing of plates of lots of small bites. Here are a couple of places to think about-"Social House" at Treasure Island and "Tao Asian Bistro" at The Venetian. Both have bars and restaurants. It won't be cheap, but it might be a bit less expensive than having full dinners and the vibe and party atmosphere would be fun. Each has a website that you can visit to get an idea of what they offer. Drinks can be in the $5-$10 range and appetizers in the $10-$20 range with a few plates being a bit more $$. But when you are in Las Vegas think FUN first. Sometimes people go into it thinking they'll have fun for a few bucks, only to be disappointed that they didn't spend a little more to have a memorable time.