• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sushi in Sao Paulo

JUN SAKAMOTO 2523 visitas (11) 30886019

Street: Lisboa, 55, São Paulo, SP

Is very expensive but also very good!

It won the 2007 Japonese Food Award by Veja São Paulo.

http://vejasaopaulo.abril.com.br/revista/v...7/m0138771.html

restaurantes_jun_sakamoto.jpg

Todas as noites, Jun Sakamoto apresenta um caro pocket-show para amantes da alta gastronomia. Posicionado atrás do balcão, atende apenas oito clientes, divididos em grupos de no máximo quatro pessoas. E sob reserva. A seu bel-prazer, o chef escolhe e fatia uma impressionante variedade de peixes e frutos do mar. Com toro (barriga de atum gordo), lula salpicada de sal negro havaiano, robalo e olho-de-boi, ele monta sushis espetaculares para compor uma degustação (R$ 210,00). Os bolinhos são servidos logo depois de prontos em duplas previamente pinceladas de shoyu e escondendo uma discreta quantidade de raiz-forte entre o arroz e o pescado. Quem não consegue um lugar no balcão não precisa se lamentar. Número 2 da casa, Juraci Pereira substitui Sakamoto com brilho. Há vantagens em ocupar uma das mesas. Dá para desfrutar ótimos pratos, como a salada de vieiras com ciboulette, broto de bambu e salsinha (R$ 23,00), o tempura de ovas enroladas em shissô (R$ 22,00) e o linguado em cubos fritos em azeite de gergelim (R$ 48,00). Peça saquê gelado ou um vinho branco para acompanhar as irrepreensíveis receitas, que deram ao restaurante sua sétima vitória consecutiva.

Rua Lisboa, 55, Pinheiros, 3088-6019 (36 lugares). 19h/0h30 (sex. e sáb. até 1h; fecha dom.). Cc.: A, M e V. Estac. c/manobr. (R$ 10,00). Couvert: R$ 16,00. (R$ 30,00) Aberto em 2000. $$$$

Rio de Janeiro,Brasil.

Kinoshita, in the Liberdade neighborhood, is excellent. The owner-chef, Tsuyoshi Murakami likes to talk a lot, but his food is solid.

I think I wrote about it in an old thread, maybe 2 or 3 years ago...

Kinoshita

Rua da Glória, 168

Liberdade

Tel: 3105.4903

We''ve opened Pazzta 920, a fresh pasta stall in the Boqueria Market. follow the thread here.

My blog, the Adventures of A Silly Disciple.

Kinoshita, in the Liberdade neighborhood, is excellent. The owner-chef, Tsuyoshi Murakami likes to talk a lot, but his food is solid.

I think I wrote about it in an old thread, maybe 2 or 3 years ago...

Kinoshita

Rua da Glória, 168

Liberdade

Tel: 3105.4903

They have moved to R.Jacques Felix 405 - Vila Nova Conceicao, Went there last night ate one of everything, lol ,not quite but the ahi sashimi with foie gras was a perfect 10 we had three orders for the three of us.email me at ergagit@mac for a picture.

I'll second that! He's amazing!

I think it's pretty hard to get a reservation though, you might want to book ahead.

i had a reservation to try again but felt more style than substance on my previous visit,went to the new Kinoshita and ate some innovative but substantial Japanese cuisine, even had a parrot egg with a ahi tuna dish.

• 4 weeks later...

Kinoshita is my favourite Japanese restaurant in São Paulo, which by the way has better sushi than most other cities in the world.

I posted photos on my blog, which you can see clicking here

I also highly recommend Jun Sakamoto, for serious sushi lovers, it is the Masa of Brazil.

Or for a fun night, the more casual Kosushi or Nagayama.

Alexandra Forbes

Brazilian food and travel writer, @aleforbes on Twitter

Official Website