• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What do you hate to clean?

gfron1

First off, this is a wonderfully cathartic thread for me.  Misery is totally loving the company over here!

That said, I do hate the cleaning, but what's particularly irksome these days is that I've

switched to a more eco-friendly dishwashing liquid.  In fact, I've switched around several times

because I think these products, while being kind to the earth, aren't so great at doing the job

they were produced to do.  Now, it could be me, and I'm willing to accept that, but I don't think

this stuff cuts the mustard (or the buttercream, as the case really is).

Is that too much to ask?

I've never had a problem with the bottle of washing up liquid at the sink, but I stopped buying eco-friendly dishwashing detergent for the same reason. I could not get anything clean. And it wasn't me, because as soon as I went back to the "hard" stuff :biggrin: the dishwasher did a fine job.

“Don't kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd eat you and everyone you care about!”

arrrgghhh dont even get me started on cleaning!! haha! the most simple one for me would be cleaning the metal bowls with butter and shortening..so greasy and you could always feel with your fingers that theres still some left! and also those pans that i use for a cupcake design that i make for a store.. it s ribbed inside and only about 3in wide each at 24pcs per pan! so if something sticks to it (or the shortening)....arrrggghhhhh

Desserts...just keeps getting better and fatter!

I hate cleaning juicers. The mesh is NEVER clean.

Robotcoupes after there's been oil in them.

Flexipans. I would rather put them through the machine and let them ****ing rip. So annoying.