• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

make ahead: memorial day cocktail

ada

Since I'm not a huge cocktail drinker, and I'm having company for the holiday, what can I make ahead (besides sangria) that will "wow" my friends. I want to have beer, wine, and only one cocktail as I won't have time to take care of making drinks. I appreciate any suggestions.

Boil up a lemon or lime cordial with sugar, water, fresh juice and microplaned zest of either fruit. You could even add some finely chopped mint or Thai basil as well. Then make lemonade/limeade with the cordial, vodka or gin and seltzer or tonic water. Simple, refreshing, everybody loves it.

Edited by KatieLoeb (log)

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Excellent! Glad that worked out for you.

I'm using my lemon cordial for a Mojito bartending competition. Lemon-Blueberry Mojitos, yum!

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol