• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bastille Day, July 14, Fete Nationale

nyokie6

hi

I've been reading and reading, and again thanks to all.

John The link in Holiday eating to Bastille day is broken and a sit search seems to give more info for NYC than Paris.

My questions are: Are most restaurants that are usually open closed? What about Sunday open types? Yes John, somehow we are again going to be here only for a few days and it includes Sun. (however using your advice from our last trip and all the new info I have lots of choices- if they are open!)

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Tobi

hi

I've been reading and reading, and again thanks to all.

John  The link in Holiday eating to Bastille day is broken and a sit search seems to give more info for NYC than Paris.

My questions are:   Are most restaurants that are usually open closed?   What about Sunday open         types?  Yes John, somehow we are again going to be here only for a few days and it includes Sun.  (however using your advice from our last trip and all the new info I have lots of choices- if they are open!)

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Tobi

Tobi: I'll fix, thanks.

I have a longstanding note to myself that says on the Fete Nationale, restos that are usually open that day (that is, Monday this year) are and vice versa. (The exception being Mom and Pop places where the family with young kids may take the 14th weekend off).

Now, as I've noted elsewhere, one of our members, brought to my attention that Mondays are the new Saturdays, more and more places close on Saturdays and Sundays, so finding one is harder holiday or no holiday.

In addition, I always recommend calling to make sure.

Host's addendum: We really don't have any information of July 14th, so I encourage members to add to this topic which will become the principal Bastille day/July 14/Fete Nationale one.

Edited by John Talbott (log)

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris