• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Tucson eatery near Rt. 10?

I am driving to Benson through Tucson, and am looking for an inexpensive restaurant in or near Tucson close to Rt. 10. I understand that somewhere in that area there is construction and I would like an easy on/off Rt. 10, if possible.

Any help would be appreciated. A search on Google didn't help since I am from NJ and have NO IDEA where I am going.

THANK YOU!

DonnaMarieNJ

I am driving to Benson through Tucson, and am looking for an inexpensive restaurant in or near Tucson close to Rt. 10.  I understand that somewhere in that area there is construction and I would like an easy on/off Rt. 10, if possible.

Any help would be appreciated.  A search on Google didn't help since I am from NJ and have NO IDEA where I am going.

THANK YOU!

DonnaMarieNJ

By Rt. 10, I think you mean I-10, the main freeway thru Tucson. You didn't specify what time of day you were arriving in Tucson. If its between 5am-2pm, I recommend Jerry Bob's on Valencia. Link to map and info for Jerry Bob's

It's a local diner near the airport and Valencia will take you right to the I-10 eastbound for Benson. It's popular, has solid food with a Mexican influence. The waitstaff are great. I eat there everytime I'm in Tucson.