• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Susan Fahning (snowangel) Retires as Host

Pam R

Hope that the prediction that Susan's resignation will mean more time for her posts comes true as, to me, she's one of the best things about eGullet!

I'll be watching for many more good thoughts and ideas and inspiration from Snowangel.

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

Susan - thank you for holding my hand and guiding me through my first food blog. You were there for me and countless others when we blogged for eGullet and we couldn't have done it without you. Behind every great eGFood Blog is Susan aka snowangel. Maraming salamat, kamsamhamnida and thank you.

If you ever need me to blog again, I will gladly do so in honor of you.

Doddie aka Domestic Goddess

"Nobody loves pork more than a Filipino"

eGFoodblog: Adobo and Fried Chicken in Korea

The dark side... my own blog: A Box of Jalapenos

On a personal note, Susan took me under her wing when I was a newbie host and showed me the ropes. I shall be forever indebted to her. A wonderful teacher, and very gracious friend. She is a person who truly puts her heart into every thing she does.

I look forward to reading her posts in the future, and it was a privilege working with her.

Goodbye and the Most High bless you and your family with everything wonderful! Can't wait to see and read more about the Cabin! It's been great, and I'm hoping now it will only get better for us all!

"Commit random acts of senseless kindness"

Well, this is a surprise, disappointment, and congratulations all in one! Without knowing everything that goes into being an eGullet volunteer, I've been at least partially aware of all that's gone on behind the scenes at Susan's hand. RecipeGullet revisions. Foodblog Czarina. Reorganizing the entire forum contents. Holy smokes, it's a lot of work. She isn't gaining any free time; she's just cutting back on some of her overcommitments!

There are so many fine postings from Susan - the eGCI course she shared, The Cabin, the Garden thread, braising, smoking and the inimitable larb/laab topic come to mind without my having to think about it. I do hope that getting a bit less committed time helps us to see more of her in front instead of behind the scenes!

Thanks for all your hard work, Susan. Whoever takes the title Food Blog Czarina (or Czar) has some tall waders to fill. Have fun, enjoy your summer, and let's hear more from you on the forums!

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown