• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lemniscate

lemniscate

ing

Costco had a "hot buy" on pork belly this week.  I have never, ever done anything with pork belly.  I bought one of the smaller ones and I am going to make "green bacon" with it.   I was considering doing salt pork, but the green bacon sounded more flexible.  I plan on doing dry brine vacuum packed for a few days.   Just trying to figure out the salt/sugar/spice amounts ahead of time.

lemniscate

lemniscate

Costco had a "hot buy" on pork belly this week.  I have never, ever done anything with pork belly.  I bought one of the smaller ones and I am going to make "green bacon" with it.   I was considered doing salt pork, but the green bacon sounded more flexible.  I plan on doing dry brine vacuum packed for a few days.   Just trying to figure out the salt/sugar/spice amounts ahead of time.