• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New Dim Sum Restaurant in Jacksonville With Carts

robyn

Who would have thunk it? We now have a restaurant that serves dim sum at lunch with cart service. It's Bamboo Creek in Tinseltown (where the old Japanese buffet place used to be - a little north of the theater complex). I don't think Hong Kong has anything to worry about - but it is a whole lot better than I thought any Chinese restaurant in Jacksonville would ever be. Robyn

Who would have thunk it?  We now have a restaurant that serves dim sum at lunch with cart service.  It's Bamboo Creek in Tinseltown (where the old Japanese buffet place used to be - a little north of the theater complex).  I don't think Hong Kong has anything to worry about - but it is a whole lot better than I thought any Chinese restaurant in Jacksonville would ever be.  Robyn

Wow, thanks for this info. Jacksonville also has a Penzeys Spice Store that I'd love to visit. It's 150 miles from where I live, but the combined opportunity for "real" dim sum and spice shopping would make the trip worthwhile :wub: !

Before you travel 150 miles to get here - check that Penzey's is still open. It was a little dead when I went there over the winter holidays - so I don't know how long it will last. I am not sure I would travel 150 miles to go a spice store that does a big mail order business. BTW - where do you live? The Panhandle - southern Georgia? Robyn

• 2 weeks later...
Before you travel 150 miles to get here - check that Penzey's is still open.  It was a little dead when I went there over the winter holidays - so I don't know how long it will last.  I am not sure I would travel 150 miles to go a spice store that does a big mail order business.  BTW - where do you live?  The Panhandle - southern Georgia?  Robyn

I live on the east coast - central Florida, just south of Cape Canaveral. I have to drive to Atlanta in a few weeks and was thinking of making a detour through Jax to have dim sum and check out Penzey's. I guess that I had better call ahead to make sure it is still open!

Also, can you please post the name and address for the dim sum restaurant? Thanks in advance. :wink:

I have a friend who orders bread from Poilane. And you're right - you are definitely not coming to a third world country - or even a strange first world one (I once wanted to buy Pepto Bismol in France and couldn't because it was by prescription only!).

And just think - you can spend the next year or so learning to make traditional southern dishes - like hoppin' john and greens and cornbread for New Year's Day.

Here is the restaurant information:

BAMBOO CREEK ASIAN BISTRO

This bistro offers authentic Asian cuisine including fresh seafood, duck, beef, pork, lobster and a dim sum lounge. Take-out. C/M, F/B. L & D, daily. 9734 Deer Lake Court, Ste. 11. 997-7688. $$

Dim sum with carts is only at lunch (12-1 lunch - when office workers go out to eat). Robyn

Here is the restaurant information:

BAMBOO CREEK ASIAN BISTRO

This bistro offers authentic Asian cuisine including fresh seafood, duck, beef, pork, lobster and a dim sum lounge. Take-out. C/M, F/B. L & D, daily. 9734 Deer Lake Court, Ste. 11. 997-7688. $$

Dim sum with carts is only at lunch (12-1 lunch - when office workers go out to eat).  Robyn

Thanks so much! I will be sure to leave my house at the correct hour to hit Jax at the dim sum cart time. :wink: