• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Yagenbori Nakajima products in Kyoto or Osaka?

I've heard good things about Yagenbori Nakajima shichimi togarashi and sansho (here's a picture of their 'Kona Sansho', which I'm particularly interested in). Anyone know where I might find these products in Kyoto or Osaka? I know the shop is in Tokyo, but sadly I didn't find out about it until after we left Tokyo.

We did get a bunch of products from Shichimaya here in Kyoto, but I want to try the Yagenbori products.

We looked around the basement of Takashimaya as well as in a couple of grocery stores and couldn't spot it, perhaps because the local places are loyal to the Shichimaya brand?

Thanks!

It appears to be a Tokyo-specific product, so your best bet is a depachika (but ask, don't just look around) or a store specializing in Tokyo products (I don't know of any in Kyoto or Osaka, though).

If you do make it back to Tokyo, the store seems to be closest to Asakusa Station, but it's probably a long leisurely walk from Ueno Station, too.

Unfortunately, I can't find any information online as to whether their products are available in Osaka and Kyoto.

Maybe you want to call the headquarters in Tokyo at 03-3626-7716 (number for inquiries and orders).

やげん堀

東京都台東区浅草1-28-3

浅草店 03-3841-5690

本社 03-3626-7716 (問合せ・注文)

営業時間 浅草店 10:00~19:00 本社 9:30~17:30

浅草店 年中無休

本社 日・祝