• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Soleil no more?

Laidback

I emailed them as it will be in my neighborhood come September...this is what I received:

Hello ,

All restaurants LE SOLEIL are in opération. I just gave the opportunity to one of my friends, a very good old Chef who was coming back to Paris,to take care of my SOLEIL at 153 rue de Grenelle. We thought it wise to change the name to “153” and adapt the décor to his own cooking and way of seeing things.

I trust he is in position to make you very happy if you visit us there. Otherwise, the other SOLEIL is still

shining at the flea market . I will also be happy to welcome you there.

Ah you guys are too fast for me.

To be reported next week in the Digest: "Wednesday, in Figaroscope, Emmanuel Rubin awarded two hearts to 153 Grenelle, address idem in the old Soleil space, in the 7th, 01.45.51.54.12, closed Sundays, lunch menu = 35, dinner 59 € for blue lobster, langoustines and four tiny desserts."

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

Ah you guys are too fast for me.

That's only because I received such a quick reply to my e-mail! Glad for the added info...it will be in my neighborhood..I will be able to pass on more information...

Joan