• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Nashville and southwest of the city

rockandroller

I will be coming to TN for a long weekend in mid-June by car to stay at a B&B in middle TN (in a tiny town called Linden). In the past I have had a really, really difficult time finding anywhere decent to eat in the area around Linden. The closest medium sized city that's not TOO far to drive is a place called Columbia, which is about 40 minutes away. The trip will also include a day in Nashville so I am looking for rec's there (Monell's sounds good from previous threads, but what else?).

I am primarily interested in recommendations ANYWHERE south and west of nashville, no further south than columbia and preferably somewhere on or near rte 412 or 40. Also interested in nashville recommendations and things to see that are NOT country music related (not at all interested in the grand old opry, for example, or the fancy hotel that is often recommended there).

thanks everyone!

I will be coming to TN for a long weekend in mid-June by car to stay at a B&B in middle TN (in a tiny town called Linden).  In the past I have had a really, really difficult time finding anywhere decent to eat in the area around Linden.  The closest medium sized city that's not TOO far to drive is a place called Columbia, which is about 40 minutes away.  The trip will also include a day in Nashville so I am looking for rec's there (Monell's sounds good from previous threads, but what else?).

I am primarily interested in recommendations ANYWHERE south and west of nashville, no further south than columbia and preferably somewhere on or near rte 412 or 40.  Also interested in nashville recommendations and things to see that are NOT country music related (not at all interested in the grand old opry, for example, or the fancy hotel that is often recommended there).

thanks everyone!

if you're coming to nashville, you might want to check out pat martin's bbq in nolensville and make a side trip over to kix brooks' arrington vineyards in arrington, tn. pat posts here as big hoss, and is currently in memphis for memphis in may (on the peg leg porker team).

also, based on your location in bfe, you might want to consider heading further west to the triangle of bbq south of jackson. there's a whole oral history project on the southern foodways alliance website about it.

Obviously depends what you are looking for right?

Never been, but from what I hear Tayst is a fantastic choice. ;) right whiffle?

Also if you happen to come through Franklin (I-65 North of Columbia), you might look into Red Pony, SOL, or Saffire.

In Nashville, Sunset Grill and The Acorn are great choices.