• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

All-American hamburgers

Daganol

Has anyone been to the All-American haburger place in Massapequa, NY?

I heard people rave about these burgers, wanted to know if anyone agreed or disagreed.

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Has anyone been to the All-American haburger place in Massapequa, NY?

I heard people rave about these burgers, wanted to know if anyone agreed or disagreed.

They taste exactly like McDonalds. Nothing special - more of a nostalgia thing for many people. They have awesome fries though - fresh, hand cut, properly fried.

Hmmm...I thought there was a bit of a thread here, but I couldn't find it. Anyway, here's the photo of those fries from my ImageGullet archives:

gallery_21237_2037_26679.jpg

Definitely great fries, definitely wonderfully cheap, definitely fast food (much better than McD's, imo), definitely a frustratingly long line during the prime times- the question is if it's worth going out of one's way for. 20 minutes may be the break-even point for me, I've certainly done it many many times, but others may have a different calculus. If you do go make sure to get the double-double in addition to the fries.

aka Michael

Chi mangia bene, vive bene!

"...And bring us the finest food you've got, stuffed with the second finest."

"Excellent, sir. Lobster stuffed with tacos."