• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Gastroville web site & posts on the France Forum?

augustine

Don't know if this is the appropriate place to ask but does anyone know if the gastroville site has stopped posting for good. I can't re-read anymore old reviews and miss the erudite and journeyed commentary and opinon.

Don't know if this is the appropriate place to ask but does anyone know if the gastroville site has stopped posting for good. I can't re-read anymore old reviews and miss the erudite and journeyed commentary and opinon.

You can still go to the website and read the excellent old reviews, but the last post was on January 29, 2008. :sad:

Michael

www.epicures.wordpress.com

• 9 months later...
Vedat is at Gastromondiale, his very own. It's Gastroville reincarnated, but better.

I transferred my articles and I will publish my own and friends' only at www.gastromondiale.com

There are 2 recent articles: David Katz on Hawai and David Kinch (Manresa) on 4 3 star Tokyo restaurants. I also reviewed Alinea.

I will publish more articles on restaurant and wine reviews but recently I have been very busy. I am writing bi-weekly in Milliyet (Turkish daily) on food and wine and have been shooting restaurant visits ( a la Bourdain) for a major channel. I have also completed a book on Italian food (review of 157 restaurants) and wine.

I appreciate the interest. It motivates me to be more productive.

Vedat Milor