• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Report on FALCON

Ted Task

Mrs. is off to LA without me, and has asked where to dine , especially since I won't be there to guide and make reservations.

She'll be staying "downtown" LA, so anything outside of the imediate area is not necessary.

Falcon was suggested, but nothing additional was added.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Ted Task

Rockville, MD

Ted,

Sorry for the late response. I was out of town.

As for dining in "downtown LA," I never heard of Falcon. Perhaps you could give a little more info about this place.

FYI I work in downtown LA, and some of the restaurants I like to go are:

Water Grill (best seafood restaurant in downtown LA)

Ciudad (La comida nueva latina, i.e. new Latina cuisine by the "Too Hot Tamales")

Traxx (decent restaurant inside Union Station)

Noe at the Omni Hotel (Adventurous cuisine with Japanese aesthetics, originally started by Robert Gadsby)

There are other places (Chinatown, Little Tokyo), depending on what Mrs. wants. I hope this helps.

Russell J. Wong aka "rjwong"

Food and I, we go way back ...

Ted,

Sorry for the late response. I was out of town.

As for dining in "downtown LA," I never heard of Falcon. Perhaps you could give a little more info about this place.

FYI I work in downtown LA, and some of the restaurants I like to go are:

Water Grill (best seafood restaurant in downtown LA)

Ciudad (La comida nueva latina, i.e. new Latina cuisine by the "Too Hot Tamales")

Traxx (decent restaurant inside Union Station)

Noe at the Omni Hotel (Adventurous cuisine with Japanese aesthetics, originally started by Robert Gadsby)

There are other places (Chinatown, Little Tokyo),  depending on what Mrs. wants. I hope this helps.