• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Need Atlantic City Rec's for Friay Night!

Friends, I need your help you help and fast! Will be spending tomorrow (Friday) night in AC with friends and have been put in charge of where to eat. I have never eatan in AC before so I need some recommendations. My friends have eaten at Buddakan and liked it. I'm looking for either flashy and upscale (like Buddakan) or out of the way and lid back. Any cuisine.

I did an internet search and saw places such as Girasole, Lefty's (which sounded interesting) as well some smaller Vietnamese and Indian places. I thought I saw a Cuban place (not Cuba Libre) bu I could be mistaken. My friends know good food (as do I) so I want some place where the food will be at least above average. I need these rec's tonight so I can plan for tomorrow night. Thank you!

"Nutrirsi di cibi prelibati e trasformare una necessita in estasi."

if your into wine......http://www.docksoysterhouse.com

or just get subs at the white house

ps: you may have more luck in the jersey forum.

I know most of the places in the Borgata are booked up during primetime a few weeks out, so you're really stuck between a rock and a hard place. There's also more than enough foot traffic, so the wait list becomes pretty long if you attempt the walk-in approach. Maybe you could convice everyone to gamble until 10 then go for a late dinner :huh: .

I would kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer...

Homer Simpson

david

There is a restaurant called the CONTINENTAL (3rd level at the pier shops at Caesars). It is sort of a tapas type place. Great for a group of people and if you like to share dishes between the group. THey make nice martinis too. If you dont like the continental there are a bunch of restuarants bars at the pier shops so you shouldnt have a problem finding something that everyone will like.

Another one of my favroites(if you like craft beers and pub food) is the tun tavern. A short walk from Ballys. (Located at the sheraton..near the outlet shops)

tom

Edited by tomfromwo (log)

Thank you Jeff L for the link to the previous post. I called Chef Vola's Thursday night and somehow got a reservation for the following night at 8:30. The four of us had a fantastic time and a great meal. A small little place with a great atmosphere and wonderful vibe to it. Will definitely go back next time I'm in AC. Thanks again!

I saw this thread too late, Dave, but I would have aso recommended Chef Vola's. It's a terrific restaurant, quirky, but so genuine and run by passionate people. A true sure bet in A.C. So what didja eat?

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"

Actually Rich, I saw your glowing endorsement in a previous thread and that was enough for me! A great place with a quirky but very fun vibe, our friends loved it as did we. For apps we had a fantastic seafood salad with incredibly tender sauteed calamari, scallops, etc. Very fresh and very good. We also had capallini with a ricotta blush marinara sauce, heavenly.

For entrees I had an orange roughy puttanesca, Judy had red snapper in a pesto cream champagne sauce (we decided this was the entree winner), friends had linguine in clam sauce (a pound of pasta perhaps?) and a fish (forget what kind) in a honey, tequila, lime sauce. All very good. Desserts were peanut butter ice cream balls and butterscotch ricotta cheese cake, both excellent. Way too much food! The husband of the couple we were with was born and raised in the Italian section of Trenton and he was very impressed. It reminded me of my grandmother's house on a Sunday afternoon. Thanks again, we all want to go back again.