• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Iron Chef Japan

JPW

Fine Living 11PM.

Caught the first Morimoto battle last night (Red Snapper)

If someone writes a book about restaurants and nobody reads it, will it produce a 10 page thread?

Joe W

It is back, but what's the deal with all new music? It's bad enough that they dub it (instead of subtitling), but do they have to replace all of the music, too? I tried looking for an email address on FLN's website to contact them, but I couldn't find one.

Flickr: Link

Instagram: Link

Twitter: Link

FLN appears to be basically recycling FTV-in-its-prime's lineup; good for them. I was watching Iron Chef America recently and while I think it's really come into its own, I was remarking on missing having the ICJ reruns around also.

Now, I'd be interested in seeing them really dig waaay back and bring back, say, Cooking Live reruns or East Meets West or 90s era Molto Marios . . .

90s era Molto Marios . . .

Two episodes back to back starting at 7.

If someone writes a book about restaurants and nobody reads it, will it produce a 10 page thread?

Joe W

It is back, but what's the deal with all new music? It's bad enough that they dub it (instead of subtitling), but do they have to replace all of the music, too? I tried looking for an email address on FLN's website to contact them, but I couldn't find one.

Thank you ! I thought I was loosing my mind, because it *sounded* different......and I was sure of it when I saw them dubbing the Chairman's voice instead of the subtitles. And I believe(?) the voices for the regulars are different too, or maybe I just never saw these later ones as thoroughly as I saw the earlier ones.

Maybe that's the explanation for the difference. The episodes so far on FLN appear to be the very tail end of the series that was shown on FN. I only remember seeing maybe 5 or 10 episodes with the Italian IC in the opening credits on FN, and he's been in the opening of each one so far on FLN. Maybe FN didn't rerun the tail end of the series as incessently as they did the front end? So we didn't become so "trained" in the nuances of the music and the dubbing?

I'll reserve judgement until I see more episodes on FLN, but suffice it to say I scared the dogs by shouting "YESSSSSSSSSSSSS" when I saw the promos.

--Roberta--

"Let's slip out of these wet clothes, and into a dry Martini" - Robert Benchley

Pierogi's eG Foodblog

My *outside* blog, "A Pound Of Yeast"

FLN appears to be basically recycling FTV-in-its-prime's lineup; good for them.  I was watching Iron Chef America recently and while I think it's really come into its own, I was remarking on missing having the ICJ reruns around also.

Now, I'd be interested in seeing them really dig waaay back and bring back, say, Cooking Live reruns or East Meets West or 90s era Molto Marios . . .

They do play those in the late afternoon / early evenings opposite the local news

slots. It's two wolfgang Puck episodes followed by two Malto Mario's and you're right this was FTV in their prime. I rarely tune in to FTV at all anymore.

Veni Vidi Vino - I came, I saw, I drank.

Please, if you want to contact FLN, go here:

Contact Us

Request that they bring the original music back. It is such a part of the original Iron Chef experience. The new music is, pardon the expression, crap. I can deal with dubbing (as much as I abhor it), but we need the original music back together with the original show.

Thank you ! I thought I was loosing my mind, because it *sounded* different......and I was sure of it when I saw them dubbing the Chairman's voice instead of the subtitles. And I believe(?) the voices for the regulars are different too, or maybe I just never saw these later ones as thoroughly as I saw the earlier ones.

Maybe that's the explanation for the difference. The episodes so far on FLN appear to be the very tail end of the series that was shown on FN. I only remember seeing maybe 5 or 10 episodes with the Italian IC in the opening credits on FN, and he's been in the opening of each one so far on FLN. Maybe FN didn't rerun the tail end of the series as incessently as they did the front end? So we didn't become so "trained" in the nuances of the music and the dubbing?

I'll reserve judgement until I see more episodes on FLN, but suffice it to say I scared the dogs by shouting "YESSSSSSSSSSSSS" when I saw the promos.

The dubbed voices are the same as those found on FoodTV.com. Only the background music seems to be different.

Its back and not a moment too soon. Thank God!

Ah, it's been way too long since I did a butt. - Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

--------------------

One summers evening drunk to hell, I sat there nearly lifeless…Warren