• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lincoln Park Airport Restaurant ?

SunnyNJ

A while back there used to be a restaurant (maybe more of a cafe) at the Lincoln Park Airport that my kids LOVED to go to and watch the planes taking off and landing. One day, poof, it was gone. Apparently the owner did a runner in the middle of the night. Anyway, I happened to be driving past there the other day and there is a serious amount of work being done to the building both inside and outside. Dare I hope another restaurant is going in there? Anyone out there got the scoop? Thanks.

I can probabley get an answer to this on the 18th, our club meeting day

We used to have our b'fast meeting there and the waitress at our new spot had tried to lease the airport space a while back, she should know something

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

Outings to this restaurant were the highlight of my little boy's mornings often. My little boy is now 24 and serving in the US Army with two young sons of his own. While he is currently stationed in Virginia, he will "dance on air" having the opportunity to take HIS kids there whenever he returns home. Please keep the Forum informed!!

Nutley Resident

-------------------------

Proud to be American

Proud to be a Nutley Township Resident

My husband flew in this weekend and spoke to the airport owner.  Yes, the restaurant will be opening in a few weeks.  Fare will be American.  We look forward to the spring/summer lunching there.

Denise

Wonderful news! Thanks so much for sharing.

• 1 month later...

As of today sign still says opening soon. Parking lot repaved and lines are in. Looks like they may have a liquor license. Touch up painting going on outside.

Viejo

"A dry crust of bread eaten in peace and quiet is better than a feast eaten where everyone argues" Proverbs (17:1).

As of today sign still says opening soon.  Parking lot repaved and lines are in.  Looks like they may have a liquor license.  Touch up painting going on outside.

Viejo

Thanks for the update. I am very excited!

• 3 weeks later...

The new restaurant at the Lincoln Park Airport is called Sunset Bar and Grill. Not only was the parking lot extended, they now have valet parking. You enter into the bar area which is done in an exposed brick and has a clubby feeling. There are also two downstairs dining areas as well as an upstairs, all with views of the runway. The outside dining area seems to be extended. There is an outside bar, as well as the patio seating, and a grassy area with umbrellas and round tables.

We stopped by last night for drinks and an appetizer, but we will be back for either lunch or a casual dinner. The drink menu is great, with lots of sweet and frozen drinks. My favorite on the menu were the mojitos. Take your standard mojito and add a choice of fruit - stawberries, blueberries, rasberries, mango; then add a choice of either muddled mint, basil, or cilantro. My daughter had the mango and cilantro and it was to die for.

We shared their fried calamari appetizer. The calamari was not at all greasy, and were accompanied by kalamata olives, celery, hot peppers, on a bed of greens, with a balsamic dressing. It was a perfect size for sharing but did not last.

Other appetizers on the menu included, nachos and wings. The menu also offers panninis, wraps and flatbread pizzas, as well as a long list of burgers. There were also salads, including an ahi tuna salad. The dinner menu featured, sirloin steak, lobster mac and cheese, seared salmon, and a few other offers.

From an early look, it seems that this will be a perfect place to enjoy good comfort food while watching the planes fly by.

The new restaurant at the Lincoln Park Airport is called Sunset Bar and Grill ... From an early look, it seems that this will be a perfect place to enjoy good comfort food while watching the planes fly by.

Not a big deal, but it is Sunset Pub and Grill :-) Guess this is the new buzz word of the year. The reason I highlight this is that my wife nailed me on the same mistake when I entered the data into my GPS unit. BTW, the mailing address (425 Beaverbrook Rd, Lincoln Park) takes you to an open grassy area with no sign of an airport or restaurant literally for MILES. I spoke to the Manager and told him that if people are calling for addresses (probably to enter into a GPS) he should give the intersection of Hillview and Jacksonville Roads in Pequannock rather than anything Lincoln Park.

Anyway, the food .... very nice. I had a Maple Balsamic Chicken wrap. Wife had a delicious burger. We were there on opening day. Many boo-boos, but beautiful day, nice restaurant, looking forward to many repeat visits. Can't wait for them to start serving breakfast. Right now they only do lunch & dinner.

Nutley Resident

-------------------------

Proud to be American

Proud to be a Nutley Township Resident

• 3 weeks later...