• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

attn Trotter fans

awbrig

Ok the wife and I are back from my B-Day celebration last night @ Trotters. Grandpa & Grandma were babysitting...

I have pics of each course...and there were a lot...as well as a detailed review and a few surprises...

stay tuned!

Do please remember to tell us which wine(s) got paired with what courses. Did you in fact open the Opus One you mentioned (the one that seemed to be the consensus recommendation) as one of three possibilities over on the Wine board?

:smile:

Me, I vote for the joyride every time.

-- 2/19/2004

didnt bring the wine...for several reasons...

$50 is a little steep for corkage for a $150 bottle

I didnt want to limit ourselves to red wine territory foods

CT might have been slighty offended...and perhaps not given special tastings of way better wines than Opus throughout the night...

I will post the wine pairings, BTW...

Miguel -- Yes, we had a similar saucing with a Hawaiin-sourced fish. Interestingly, the carrot bits are noticeable in the dish, but the cardamom infused carrot emulsion did not particularly taste of carrot (although the emulsion was good).

Cabrales thanks.

Is Trotter doing a lot of travelling these days?  He was here in Puerto Rico last week for some exhibition.  Unfortunately I could not attend.

Yes, Trotter is doing an extensive amount of travelling in addition to completing new seasons of The Kitchen Sessions.

Awbrig - you did not give us a description of the first dish that you posted as the test. Let me guess, venison with an infusion of pomegranate (the "incorrect" buzzer rings, the trap door opens, she falls to depths unknown, the crowd gasps, collects themselves and proceeds to the next question)?

Oh, and please list the menu!

Hmm, I was going to say that (but only after taking a peek at the menu in the website :wink: ).  Did you see how fast Aurora went through that trap door?  She will be missed . . .   :laugh:

Sh**! I was reasonably sure about the pomegranate, and I didn't peek. Oh well, I will make the slimy climb back to the surface. Aurora Lives!

Awbrig - I hate to tell you this. You can recrop images in Imagestation, but you cannot size them up or down. You will need to go back to your current images, resize them in the editing program that you created them in, and them upolad them again into Imagestation. Image sizes in the range of 200-250 kb work well, and I have posted images that were larger than 600 kb.

I know, I know, posting images on eGullet is a real pain, but a labor of love. Think of how accomplished you will feel when we all get to see your tasty courses?

In the meantime, perhaps this will encourage you to carry on:

fd4440a4.jpg

"Awbrig, I want YOU to post those pictures!"

Charlie Trotter, photographed by Paul Meredith

Ding, ding, ding! The crowd cheers! Confetti rains down!

thats right in the main entrance...where did you find that picture?

Wouldn't you like to know?:raz:

I broke in last night after service, borrowed it, brought it home, scanned it, took it back and rehung it.

You're not buying that, are you?

I'd tell ya, but I'd have ta kill ya! :biggrin:

No silly, that picture was "taken" in the front lobby not that actually picture is in the lobby...lol :biggrin:

I said I rehung it. I didn't say where. Lack of sleep is dulling your acuity, Sir Smarty-pants.

LOL, not taken as is stole or borrowed, this particular picture was " taken as in -  photographed" in the front lobby...

Yes, Chef Trotter was photographed, by Paul Meredith, in the lobby (with the knife, yuk, yuk). That is not where the print currently resides.

I get it. We all get it.

I also told you that I borrowed it. Again, I didn't say from where. PLAY ALONG!

Let me guess, you gotta take Agatha Christie's stuff to the very end, don't ya? :wacko: