• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

squiggly squirms

Niamh

I have to confess to being a jelly snake addict; in fact, I would probably chose them over chocolate any day (well, I would actually take both, but for arguments sake...). I especially love sour jellies, and the chewier the better. The only problem is that most are FULL of chemicals and colours and E-numbers (and I eat quite a few), so I tend to get a nasty jelly hangover the next day.

So, except in times of dire jelly emergency, I try to stick to these beauties. They are obviously full of sugar, but not so many nasties. They are easily available in Ireland, but I've never seen them in Spain, so in with the tea and bread that any poor visitors are made carry, there is always a request for as many of the suckers they can fit. If that means that the packets are stuffed into shoes or used as an airplane pillow, so be it!

Does anyone share my obsession? Or maybe you have jelly wonders of your own? Do tell!

p.s. If they ARE available in Spain, I don't want to know! It would be jelly carnage!