• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Home, Atlanta

dockhl

Went Saturday night with my husband and another couple. Dining room hopping, service on the mark, dinner paced well. Food overall very good, with rather less whizz bang than Blais sometimes delivers, but then the genre is southern food and southern food has enough built-in whizz bang to keep most people happy. I'm generally dismayed when southern food is "gussied up", but was altogether pleased with Blais' take on it. Price point very good by Atlanta standards.

Repeat visit by proxy this coming weekend, as my son and his party of 8 are dining there before prom.

No tasting menu option yet available, but that may well happen down the road. At which point some of you might be looking into inexpensive flights to the ATL, Feel free to PM for advice re hotels, tranportation, etc. :wink:

Can you pee in the ocean?

• 4 months later...