• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

source for vanillin powder?

zoe b

NOT for baking, but I've heard baking supply houses carry it.

I want to use it in soap--I'm a soapmaker--and real vanilla--bean or absolute-- is not only expensive, but it doesn't hold up in soap--vanillin is supposed to be pretty nice as a substute, but I'm having trouble finding it. thanks--Zoe

I loved creamright, sygyzy, but they have only real vanilla.

And thanks for suggesting ebay, Glori

Vanilla just gets "cooked" by the heat generated by the saponification process and it changes and loses a lot of its scent--vanillin holds up to the heat and ends up smelling really nice.

still looking...Zoe

I loved creamright, sygyzy, but they have only real vanilla.

And thanks for suggesting ebay, Glori

Vanilla just gets "cooked" by the heat generated by the saponification process and it changes and loses a lot of its scent--vanillin holds up to the heat and ends up smelling really nice.

still looking...Zoe

Here you go. Google "vanillin for soap making" and you'll fine alot more.

Ilene

Stop and Shop has a sale on discontinued McCormick-French's artificial vanilla powder...at least in Wanaque

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association