• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Buenos Aires Italian

i have yet to find an Italian restaurant that makes me want to return to, looking for any suggestions for my next trip, fresh pasta is one of my favorites.local places can be included . help

Edited by gagit (log)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure I'd try - Il Matterello is certainly one of the best Italian restaurants in BA - I'm not sure I'd go for anywhere outside of Italy, but it's a great place to eat here.

Sottovoce is excellent, but overpriced. Really overpriced.

Filo in the downtown area by Plaza San Martin has very good food, fair prices, and is a great place in that area for lunch.

Primafila in the BA Design Center, which is a strange spot to find a good, actually very good restaurant (given that its neighbors in the center are things like the Hard Rock Cafe and an Irish burger and beer pub) - but it's there, and they serve up great Italian food. Again a bit pricey, though not excessive, and a well selected wine list.

If you want to just have a great time at an Italian spot that is casual, and has a sort of Little Italy (NYC) feel to it - though better food than most of those places, Pinuccio e Figli in the Congreso area is top of the heap.

SaltShaker - Casting a little flavor (and a few aspersions) on the world of food, drink, and life

Casa SaltShaker - Restaurant de Puertas Cerradas

Spanish-English-Spanish Food & Wine Dictionary - a must for any traveler!

• 1 month later...

I have just been working on a new Restaurant in Las Canitas, 390 Baez, where we will be serving Pizza Napoletana in a Forno Napoletano oven and authentic Italian food. The Menu has a strong Neapolitan influence but contains also dishes from other regions. The Grand Opening is this coming Saturday, 13th July 2008.

This is the Website

• 1 month later...

Another vote here for Il Matterelo and for SottoVoce. Another place that is also quite good is La Parolaccia.

For pizza lovers.... my top vote goes to Morelia, in las canitas.

Visit Argentina and try wines from the RIGHT side of the Andes !!!

www.terroir.com.ar