• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Peanut Fed Pigs

Daniel

I dont know much about it other then receiving a phone call from my butcher.. Sounds like America's response to the Acorn.. I know its Berkshire pigs.. He was really excited and told me he was getting in some peanut fed porkchops.. I havent really read up on them and figured, I will be getting them and making them for a dinner party this Wednesday..

Anyone have any experience with them? You think those Georgia boys have been doing this for years..

Also, I am getting them on Wednesday and cooking them that very night.. So no real time for a brine or anything.. It will be interesting to see what they are all about..

Edited by Daniel (log)

Hmmm, so a jelly glaze is out? :biggrin:

Yeh, I am just going to grill with salt and pepper just to get the flavors.. Maybe I can do something with peanuts for a side.. Peanut eggplant gratin and a side of greens..

Edited by Daniel (log)