• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best POS System For Bakeries / Coffee Shops?

ohmyganache

What bakery POS systems does everyone suggest? Which are not-so-good? A coffee shop we make pastry for has Coffee Shop Manager and is very happy with it, but it's more coffee shop oriented.

I can't wait to hear from you!

Stephen W.

Pastry Chef/Owner

The Sweet Life Bakery

Vineland, NJ

I will be adding a POS system soon and was wondering what others are using, I know digital dining is popular, I am essentially a bakery/coffeeshop now and when I add the POS i will also do a small lunch and small dinner menu, serving beer and wine also. I was wondering what you guys paid specifically for the software, I know the computer and terminal are the cheaper parts.

Thanks mucho

• 11 months later...

Come on people! I still need your help!

We've checked out Comtrex here in Jersey. I've heard that Silverware is a good one...

It's mostly the future orders that is the problem. It seems like there's not much out there that can handle that.

Stephen W.

Pastry Chef/Owner

The Sweet Life Bakery

Vineland, NJ