• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

tagines/ and middle eastern food supplies

I was wandering where one could buy a tagine in Vancouver. I am not interested in French enamel ware or All Clad, i want an authentic Moroccan made earth ware Tagine. I see that the gourmet warehouse has one for $60, its made it Spain.

Is there perhaps a middle eastern or Moroccan food supply shop that would have tagines, and middle eastern food supplies in Vancouver?

I was wandering where one could buy a tagine in Vancouver.  I am not interested in French enamel ware or All Clad, i want an authentic Moroccan made earth ware Tagine.  I see that the gourmet warehouse has one for $60, its made it Spain.

Is there perhaps a middle eastern or Moroccan food supply shop that would have tagines, and middle eastern food supplies in Vancouver?

Contact Assefa at Nyala restaurant he makes them they are great

Marcus Stiller

Fish & Fish Cafe

www.fishcafe.ca

You might try some of the Middle Eastern markets in North Van. I can't recall any names, but there are a few along Longsdale Ave. I remember a Persian store that had a good selection of kitchen ware on Longsdale, I think it was between 13th & 18th streets. Sorry for the vague answer!

If you can find a Moroccan-made one, make sure you check it for lead, even if it is claimed to be lead-free. One of the reasons it's so hard to get a Moroccan-made one is because it's so difficult to get a lead-free one. Or get an unglazed one.

Give Well Seasoned a call in Langley - they have a supply in the store and a call with clarification will tell you the origin. 604-530-1518.

Brian

Brian Misko

House of Q - Competition BBQ

www.houseofq.com