• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Central Market(Houston)

mikey

Damn right it should be a destination! If you're a true foodaholic, you'll go crazy there. Remember to take a cooler with you so that you can get your fresh stuff home with you!

The store is easy to get to: it's on Westheimer. Try one of their freshly made sandwiches at the grill, in the chef's case area.

Have a good time!

My husband refuses to go with me anymore, I just keep looking and looking and....well, you know. I don't think a grocery store can be anymore fun than CM. Have a great time, and the cooler is absolutly necessary.

Stop Family Violence

No disclosure of interest there, foodie52? :cool:

Actually I agree, whenever I have family or others in from out of town I take them to the Central Market in Austin. When it opened it was way ahead of the curve and I think it's still ahead.

Well, frank, I don't REALLY care if anyone shops at the Houston CM or not! :raz: However, even though I DO work at the Austin one,(surprise surprise) I believe that it IS a destination. It's our passion for the store that makes it so cool, I think. I'm proud of it, on the whole.

SO .....enjoy!!!

• 1 month later...

I find myself making trips down from Tulsa to stock up on goodies at

the Central Market in Ft Worth. Love the store, it reminds me of Harry's

Market that has been in the Atlanta area for several years. I like

to stock up at the olive bar, the wine selection is impressive, lately

they have had the best apples. I wish I could find them up here in

T-town.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!

• 2 weeks later...