• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Caroline Mignot's New Guide

BradenP

I picked up Caroline Mignot's new Paris restaurant guide last week at Cocotte. The book has a great lay-out broken down by arrondissement with maps at the beginning of each section. What I particularly like about Caroline's book is that it doesn't just stick to classic tried and true places, but mingles some classics with sandwich places, cafes and just plain greasy spoons.

The book is also only 10€, what a steal.

"When planning big social gatherings at our home, I wait until the last minute to tell my wife. I figure she is going to worry either way, so I let her worry for two days rather than two weeks."
-EW

I bought her book as well (at Cocotte!) I was a little disappointed, but only because I didn't really find that it included many places that I didn't know about or have in other guides. In fairness, if you own most guides, it's pretty difficult to find one that is different fom the rest. But you are right, for 10€ it is a pretty good deal. And I love her blog for current places.

I wish more guides would include ethnic places, the now defunt Zurban did, but since its demise I haven't found anything that takes its place in that category.

www.parisnotebook.wordpress.com

• 3 weeks later...