• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Saucepans with good lips...

kitwilliams

Any recommendations for stainless saucepans with a lip that seems to pour well? When making buttercream, I just can't use my All Clad because it dribbles all over the effing place. When shopping around, salespeople think I'm a freak when I ask if I can put some water in a pan to see how well it pours...I do the same when buying a teapot...if it isn't going to have a clean pour, I just don't want it! Same with a saucepan. I guess the lip can't be too thick, which is why the All Clad sucks in this regard.

Anyone?

Thanks!

kit

"I'm bringing pastry back"

Weebl

Thanks, Kerry. I'll go check that out.

I actually don't mean that I need a little pouring lip, just a pan with a rim that doesn't dribble.

Hate the dribbling.

Edited by kitwilliams (log)

kit

"I'm bringing pastry back"

Weebl

For home use, I like the TFAL brand (it's nonstick). At work, I have one or two Bourgeat saucepans, and a similarly heavy pan that looks a lot like the Bourgeats but I got them at a rest supply store and can't remember the brand.

They don't dribble...

Le Creuset's stainless clad line has a great pouring lip. My Demeyere Sirocco saucepans pour beautifully, but they're a little expensive if you just need a pouring lip.

Kit,

If you are looking at fully clad stainless pans, check out the Calphalon Tri-ply pans, LeCreuset tri-ply pans, Henckels pans, Cuisinart Multi-Clad pans, Anolon Advanced Clad, or Gourmet Standard tri-ply pans.

Tim

Edited by tim (log)