• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Caffè Minotti

Chrisos

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has tried the new Caffè Minotti (for info: a new team -Pendino & Loezic- bought this restaurant late 2007 and re-openned it in January 2008).

They kept the name, and the interior design but changed everything else (staff, menu, chef).

I live just a block from this restaurant, but I don't feel like trying it before I read some positive feedback about it.

Thanks for your contribution.

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has tried the new Caffè Minotti (for info: a new team -Pendino & Loezic- bought this restaurant late 2007 and re-openned it in January 2008).

They kept the name, and the interior design but changed everything else (staff, menu, chef).

I live just a block from this restaurant, but I don't feel like trying it before I read some positive feedback about it.

Well February 20th, Wednesday, in Figaroscope, Emmanuel Rubin’s "C’est nouveau: awarded a broken heart to it sayingthat the new team has made an old place worse, pricey and pathetic.

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

Hi,

Well February 20th, Wednesday, in Figaroscope, Emmanuel Rubin’s "C’est nouveau: awarded a broken heart to it sayingthat the new team has made an old place worse, pricey and pathetic.

I tried the old place a few years ago and it was already pricey and pathetic - unremarkable food for the price and decor that should have worked but was ruined by the chilly, super cool staff.

Disapointing to hear it hasn't improved.