• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

LAX Area lunch and dinner

dlc

My wife and I are going to Vietnam to visit our grandkids and have about 8 hours (1pm to 9pm) layover on a Sunday going over and an overnite layover (Memorial Day) returning. We are interested in a great late lunch on a Sunday and a nice dinner on Memorial Day. The only thing that is out of bounds is sushi (for she who must be obeyed). A great wine list would be a plus. We would appreciate any suggestions.

What Carolyn said. Joe's is really good.

Melisse would have been great, but unfortunately, they're closed on Sundays & Mondays.

You might want to consider Fraiche over in Culver City.

If you have an overnight layover on Memorial Day evening (flying out on Tuesday morning, correct?), the possibilities may even be greater. Please let us know.

Russell J. Wong aka "rjwong"

Food and I, we go way back ...

You could always hit some of the heavy hitters...

Mozzas, Craft, Providence....

Russell might be able to verify whether those are open on Sundays, I am not totally sure about that.

Also a new Father's office just opened in Century City.

I loved AOC when i went there.

"A man's got to believe in something...I believe I'll have another drink." -W.C. Fields

You could always hit some of the heavy hitters...

Mozzas, Craft, Providence....

Russell might be able to verify whether those are open on Sundays, I am not totally sure about that.

Also a new Father's office just opened in Century City.

I loved AOC when i went there.

Actually, the new Father's Office 2.0 just opened in Culver City, located in the old Helms Bakery Building, near Beacon Restaurant & the Jazz Bakery. Apparently, it's mobbed already. As far as I know, no reservations.

Russell J. Wong aka "rjwong"

Food and I, we go way back ...