• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Passion Fruit Sorbet, inspired by Pierre Gagnaire

MikeTMD

OK, I was not quite done with my PF exercises.

This dish is almost an identical copy of PF dessert served at Pierre Gagnaire's Hong Kong restaurant.

Gingersnap Shortbread, Creme Anglaise, PF sorbet, Swedish Pearl Sugar

gallery_57905_5921_7142.jpg

Great combination of flavors - will certainly make again.

"It's not from my kitchen, it's from my heart"

Michael T.

My flickr collection

Hey Mike,

What type of ice cream machine do you use? I just ordered a Cuisinart Supreme Ice Cream Maker but was just wondering what other people used and which they thought were the best?

Robert,

I use a simple $24 IC/sorbet maker from Target ( bought like 5 years ago) - the one that has cooling bowl that needs to be frozen for 24 hours b/4 you can use it. It's simple and cheap, but does OK for the price.

Cusinart looks like a good piece of equipment - do you like it?

Personally, I would like to give PacoJet a try!

http://www.pacojet.com

Edited by MikeTMD (log)

"It's not from my kitchen, it's from my heart"

Michael T.

My flickr collection

I have the cuisinart supreme on order. I went to buy it and no one had it in store so I ordered it from Bed Bath and Beyond. It should be arriving, probably, the end of next week. I already have some milk and cream infusing with a Madagascar Vanilla bean so Im getting ready for battle...

I'lll let you know how it goes...