• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblog: Rehovot - Prague: City of a Thousand Forks

Rehovot

I understand that in Poland, the birthday celebrant is feted with the toast "Sto lat" -- "May you live 100 years!"

Enjoyed this blog thoroughly!

This is maybe out of the topic but now I now where Terry Pratchett (fantasy book author extraordinaire) got the name for one of the places/cities in the Discworld novels.

Doddie aka Domestic Goddess

"Nobody loves pork more than a Filipino"

eGFoodblog: Adobo and Fried Chicken in Korea

The dark side... my own blog: A Box of Jalapenos

I understand that in Poland, the birthday celebrant is feted with the toast "Sto lat" -- "May you live 100 years!"

Enjoyed this blog thoroughly!

This is maybe out of the topic but now I now where Terry Pratchett (fantasy book author extraordinaire) got the name for one of the places/cities in the Discworld novels.

I wuz thinking that very thing!

"You dont know everything in the world! You just know how to read!" -an ah-hah! moment for 6-yr old Miss O.

Thanks for all the good wishes. :smile:

Given the preponderance of cake in this blog, I feel obliged to note that we ate a hyper-healthy dinner, tonight: white-bean dip, tomatoes, and green-pepper strips to start, and leftover Chicken Paprikash, wild rice, and steamed spinach, for the main dishes. :biggrin:

(The strawberry dumplings are for later.) :laugh: