• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

2008 Okanagan Spring Wine Festival

easternsun

Hi,

I am looking for advice on what to do during the wine festival. We already have accommodations but other than that - it is all up in the air.

I am meeting friends and would like to plan one decadent dinner - any suggestions? We will be based in Kelowna. Am I too late to book something spectacular?

I am really looking forward to it as I have spent the past year drinking BC wines...last summer a friend in Nelson asked me to find him a case of Dirty Laundry riesling. I did find it, and drink it and the rest is history!

I am learning a lot - slowly. My current faves are the Dirty Laundry, the Joie Noble Blend and Burrowing Owl's Pinot Gris.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. :wub:

"Thy food shall be thy medicine" -Hippocrates

If you can, try to get into CedarCreek dinner at Fresco's in Kelowna. It is great value considering both the wines and the food.

If you are going to be in the Okanagan here are a few more wineries worth exploring:

Pentage (just south of Penticton - call for an appointment and directions)

Stag's Hollow - OK Falls

Fairview Cellars - Oliver

Inniskillin - Oliver

La Frenz - Naramata

CedarCreek - Kelowna (their whites are excellent and seem to fly under the radar)

These aren't the only great wineries but ones that can get overlooked.

Enjoy the festival.

Cheers,

Karole

Thanks Karole!

So many wines so little time....we will probably still be in Naramata on the 1st - any suggestions for the weekend in Kelowna area?

Where does one look for all the info on the tastings and dinners like the above-mentioned Cedar Creek event?

Thanks again for the advice.

"Thy food shall be thy medicine" -Hippocrates

Thanks Karole!

So many wines so little time....we will probably still be in Naramata on the 1st - any suggestions for the weekend in Kelowna area?

Where does one look for all the info on the tastings and dinners like the above-mentioned Cedar Creek event?

Thanks again for the advice.

http://www.localwineevents.com/Okanagan-Wine/

edited to add:

http://www.thewinefestivals.com/trellis/ev...ed=1&category=3

Edited by run2eat (log)