• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chef Jordi Cruz leaves Estany Clar 2008

We have been faithful supporters of this very talented chef who worked at Estany Clar outside Berga in Barcelona province. We think his culinary contribution in Catalonia has been stellar. No longer the chef at Estany Clar, news is that he has another restaurant. He also, allegedly, served as the primary chef for the new high speed train between Madrid and Barcelona. Who knows where he might be cooking? We are very interested and curious. Judith Gebhart

• 2 months later...

Very interesting. The restaurant is apparently situated within an old monastery located not far from Manresa, home to the fine restaurant Aligue and Alicia, Ferran Adria's think tank, also located in another beautiful old monastery. I will have to make a point of getting there next time I return to visit my friends in Manresa.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

• 1 month later...
Very interesting. The restaurant is apparently situated within an old monastery located not far from Manresa, home to the fine restaurant Aligue and Alicia, Ferran Adria's think tank, also located in another beautiful old monastery. I will have to make a point of getting there next time I return to visit my friends in Manresa.

Everything (the restaurant and Alicia) is in the same monastery. It is a huge complex.

Everything (the restaurant and Alicia) is in the same monastery. It is a huge complex.

Yes, it is a big complex. I visited it shortly after it was announced that Alicia would be put there and work had started on it. Alicia was a planned destination for my next visit to Catalunya, now doubly so.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, it is a big complex. I visited it shortly after it was announced that Alicia would be put there and work had started on it. Alicia was a planned destination for my next visit to Catalunya, now doubly so.

had a great visit there yesterday and a very strong lunch at angle with jordi cruz, the set up is amazing at alicia and very much worth the visit, i was there for a workshop with joan roca and el poblet,oh and mugaritz crew so was a very interesting day.

the restaurant is very modern with dark colours and lots of glass with a great terrace and had jordis full tasting menu

had a great visit there yesterday and a very strong lunch at angle with jordi cruz, the set up is amazing at alicia and very much worth the visit, i was there for a workshop with joan roca and el poblet,oh and mugaritz crew so was a very interesting day.

the restaurant is very modern with dark colours and lots of glass with a great terrace and had jordis full tasting menu

I am grateful for the response to Jordi Cruz's latest location and his superb cooking. It seems that he is in full form.

I have been out of touch with eGullet contacts for some unknown reason. I am now back. I am, albeit belatedly, glad to hear about his ongoing success in Manresa. We were in that region in May, 2008 but no specific details about the restaurant were available to us. He continues to participate with Spain's greatest talents, witness the last commentary from an interested eGulleteer. Thanks for your input. Sorry I am so late to hear about his work. Judith Gebhart