• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bone Saws

Prawncrackers

Tim - Thanks for the information. What is the teeth per inch you find to work the best?

Thanks!

Since you do not have to have a smooth cut, get the coarsest bone blade you can find. This will save a lot of time.

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

I use a saw designed for cutting PVC pipe. It has a long flexible blade (18" long), teeth like a crosscut saw and all metal construction with detachable blade so it is easy to clean. It cuts fast and very clean.

Larry McGourty

TheRomanticTable.com Food and Wine News from the California Central Coast.

I got lucky when the OR was swapping out their old bone saws. They gave them away. You just can't have that mental picture of a surgeon doing the BK (below knee not burger king) amputation. You can also go to Ceballas or other outdoor outfitters for deer saws, as well.

"I drink to make other people interesting".