• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where to buy dolsot (for bibimbap) in Sydney?

I've been dying to make dolsot bibimbap but I can't without the stone bowl (or even metal)! :sad: I checked out my local Korean grocery store recently but I don't remember seeing any. Does anyone know a place in Sydney which sells it? And around which price is it normally sold at?

Musings and Morsels - a film and food blog

http://musingsandmorsels.weebly.com/

Try the Korean grocery stores in Eastwood. I've seen them in a number of the stores there. I'm referring to stores on the side of the train track where there are many Korean restaurants, not the side where the Chinese stores and restos are.

I would have thought these things would be easy to find in Sydney.

Try anywhere in Strathfield. I swear, we don't even need to know a word of English to get around in Strathfield. I remember this one time, there were like...

• 1 month later...

I second debbster, I've seen these in various Korean supermarkets on Rowe Street, Eastwood, on the Blaxland Road side of Eastwood Station. The train station directly leads onto Rowe Street so access is easy; parking during the day is pretty miserable, though, if you're going by car.

On the other side of the tracks, there is a kitchen supply store (I think it's called A-1 supplies) which stocks a big variety, you might want to try there too.

If you have no joy, you can at least grab a cheap and delicious lunch there.