• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Liquor cabinet recommendations?

GregORear

I'm trying to find a decent liquor cabinet. I'd prefer something not too heavy (something one person could carry up stairs-empty), not too expensive (<$500), with doors to keep the cats out, and on casters.

I can find plenty of storage for wine, but my bottles tend to be open and vertical.

I don't really need a whole lot of storage for bottles, since most of them are in the freezer anyway. But it would be nice to collect the glassware, bitters, etc. all together.

I'd spend a little more on a vintage piece, but not a whole lot more.

I also don't mind repurposing something that wasn't intended to be a liquor cabinet, but which has been found by someone here to be just the thing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Greg

Edited by GregORear (log)

I got one of these from Ikea, and I love it. It's not on casters, but three out of four ain't bad.

"Martinis should always be stirred, not shaken, so that the molecules lie sensuously one on top of the other." - W. Somerset Maugham