• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Barcelona and Roses this coming weekend

chrishow

I’m off to Barcelona on Thursday for two night and then on to Roses for two nights for dinner at El Bulli on Saturday, all very luckily coinciding with my partners birthday.

I’ve been reading extensively on here and other forums and have booked Hotel Omm in Barcelona then the Terreza in Roses. We arrive fairly late on Thursday, so planning at eating at Moo in the Hotel. On Friday I have a lunch booking at Cinc Sentits and then a dinner booking at Comerc24.

We are both complete foodies and really looking forward to exploring Barcelona. We’ll obviously be visiting La Boqueria, but wondered what other places there are worth visiting. Could anyone recommend a food/wine tour? Do you think that Cinc Sentits, Comerc 24 and then El Bulli is maybe over doing things? I’m keen to sample the modern catalan, rather than traditional or anywhere too formal. I’m also very keen to try many small dishes, rather than fewer larger dishes.

We will be driving up to Roses on the Saturday afternoon and then dining at El Bulli in the evening. I’m trying to book either Rafas or Cal Campaner in Roses for Sunday evening but I have a sneaky suspicion they will be closed.

Any other suggestions for my trip?

Can Roca in Gerona and Abac in Brcelona should be on your list.

Abac was (or is) moving to their new location in the posh Av.Tibidabo. I'm not sure what the current status is. Has anyone got fresh news?

We''ve opened Pazzta 920, a fresh pasta stall in the Boqueria Market. follow the thread here.

My blog, the Adventures of A Silly Disciple.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi Chrishow

Hope you had a great trip.

We'd love to hear your report of your experiences. Don't be shy!

Hi Saborosa

Are you by any chance still doing your fantastic tapas tours, we experienced it once with Tara (think it was Tara!) and still rave about it and want a repeat performance!

Thanks

Can Roca in Gerona and Abac in Brcelona should be on your list.

very much echo rogelio,had both brilliant meals this year, the bread at abac i think is now one of the best in spain and roca in its new home is just stunning, you will enjoy cent jordi is a great cook try his suckling pig if you can, i spent a day with him a little while ago and its great place, the fish is very very high quality, also miss off moo and do abac and roca, i like moo and think the food is good but on a busy night beware of the cracks