• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

LMNT 2 Clerkenwell

I had a spot of lunch here, we were the only two in and yet it was really and surprisingly rather good. A large raviolo of undyed smoked haddock in leek and cream sauce (£2.95) and a fine moist breast of free range chicken, bone in (hurrah), with great golden crackly skin, some sweet and smooth batons of parsnip and a very good mash (£7.95).

The location is odd, fringes of Clerkenwell and the untidier estates of south Islington, but I've eaten far far worse in the area for a great deal more. If anyone is passing do give it a go, I hate seeing an empty restaurant when Chef and staff (one nice middle aged Eastern European lady) are trying so hard and have skill.

They could turn down the piped opera a bit though, I kept involuntarily rising out of my seat on the high notes.

S

If you click on the link in my post you can read it - 2 out of 5 stars.

I dont have time to read online reviews! There are far too many!

Only joking, but I refuse to encourage Metro in their littering of our stations and streets.

S