• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Salt...a gastropub

kaister

Kaister, for those of us who don't want to search your (?) blog, can you provide us with an address, please? Thanks!

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Curlz, this site has the address at least:

http://www.saltgastropub.com/

If you go to the "Progress" page, they have some photos of the work in progress and a clock counting down the minutes until they open (looks like next week).

Edited by Batard (log)

"There's nothing like a pork belly to steady the nerves."

Fergus Henderson

Thanks, Batard...guess I was feeling lazy today. :raz: Big FYI for the owners...both Google Maps and Mapquest come up empty when you enter the address as they show it on the restaurant's web site. Only b/c I'm from northern NJ did I know that it was out near Stanhope-and that's how it seems to show up in terms of location/direction on those sites.

The place looks great; look forward to hearing about it as they get up and running.

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

Sorry it took so long to respond...trying to get this place open is a bear, and thanks for the interest. You're right, for some reason the address doesn't show up on the maps, and to make it even more fun, we are in the Town of Byram which doesn't have a post office so we are "actually" in Stanhope. We are right on Rt. 206 S. Across the street from the Shop-Rite Plaza. The restaurant used to be called 76ers Waterloo Inn. Right now we're still hoping for an April 22 opening!

Thanks guys.

Bradley

Congratulations! Hope to get out there at some point.

Just a suggestion, though-you might want to change the address on the web site so people can find you! If they see what I did, they'll get Byram Township in SOUTH Jersey.