• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The snack you just cannot put down

JimH

Has anyone had those new Popcorners chips? I cannot stop eating the sea salt ones -- once the bag is open, I basically eat them at a one-every-three-seconds rate until the bag is done... 

yep... also jalapeno cheddar and kettle corn flavors, they are so light it's easy to over eat them

"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast" - Oscar Wilde

Popcorn, Indiana Dark Fudge Chocolate Chip Kettlecorn. Unfortunately, (or fortunately :), I can't find it anymore.

http://www.farmandfleet.com/products/660545-popcorn-indiana-dark-fudge-chocolate-chip-kettlecorn.html#.U4zffSjedwt

This web site has it.(click)

You might be able to email them (search for their web site) and ask them where you can find it locally. They should be able to tell you.

Don't search for it on Amazon unless you want a heart attack when you see the price/bag. :shock:

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

This web site has it.(click)

You might be able to email them (search for their web site) and ask them where you can find it locally. They should be able to tell you.

Don't search for it on Amazon unless you want a heart attack when you see the price/bag. :shock:

Thanks - that's the link I posted also, but they said "This product is stocked seasonally." I'll have to contact them and find out what the story is.

OMG - you weren't kidding about Amazon. Insane prices! This looks pretty reasonable for 12 bags, but that same company charges $10.00 if you only buy 1 bag!

http://www.amazon.com/Kettlecorn-Popcorn-Fudge-Chocolate-Ounces/dp/B00IMM2MPO/ref=sr_1_cc_3?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1401856147&sr=1-3-catcorr&keywords=Popcorn%2C+Indiana+Dark+Fudge+Chocolate+Chip+Kettlecorn

Edited by merstar (log)
There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE.

???

Unfortunately, I have to limit sugars and starches.  :sad:

~Martin :)

I just don't want to look back and think "I could have eaten that."

Unsupervised, rebellious, radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, and adventurous cook. Crotchety, cantankerous, terse curmudgeon, non-conformist, and contrarian who questions everything!

The best thing about a vegetable garden is all the meat you can hunt and trap out of it!

• 2 weeks later...

Since I cant eat 95% of the crisp/chips  out there and hardly any candy , my weak spot is  cherry or baby plum tomatoes,  in season dipped in salt and pepper...  Yeah, I can go through a lot of them.

And cheese roulette, that  it hard to stop, just one more piece and then it hurts...  argh...

Cheese is you friend, Cheese will take care of you, Cheese will never betray you, But blue mold will kill me.

I remember when I was much younger and the only pistachios you could get were dyed RED. When I was done eating them my fingers were red also and my tongue was sore from all the salt..

Edited by smokinjack (log)