• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Harrison

jeffperez62

• 4 weeks later...
I have not been since Amanda arrived. Any recent experiences??

Had a remarkably good dinner here on the weekend. Highlights were a radish/anchovie salad that was perfectly balanced (and served with a big slab of baguette smothered in salty butter), a calves liver which blew the Red Cat's version out of the water, a steak with a parsley and marrow "crust" (quotation marks becaause it wasn't actually crusty although it was very tasty), and duck fat fries that were mindblowing - my new favorite fried food for the time being (until I have the Ko short rib again) ...

We ate there a couple of Saturday's ago. I had the arctic char which was quite good. My wife's pork chop though was way overcooked. Now it turns out that my wife likes her meat well done but she hadn't asked for it that way. If the temperature of that chop was the way they'd normally serve it, definitely overcooked.

We ate there a couple of Saturday's ago.  I had the arctic char which was quite good.  My wife's pork chop though was way overcooked.  Now it turns out that my wife likes her meat well done but she hadn't asked for it that way.  If the temperature of that chop was the way they'd normally serve it, definitely overcooked.

Did they not ask what temp she wanted it done? I recall my wife and I were both asked what temp we wanted liver and steak respectively.

We ate there a couple of Saturday's ago.  I had the arctic char which was quite good.  My wife's pork chop though was way overcooked.  Now it turns out that my wife likes her meat well done but she hadn't asked for it that way.  If the temperature of that chop was the way they'd normally serve it, definitely overcooked.

Did they not ask what temp she wanted it done? I recall my wife and I were both asked what temp we wanted liver and steak respectively.

Nope. They didn't ask which surprised me. I assumed it would be medium or medium rare depending on the chef. I didn't expect well done.