• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Falsled Kro, Denmark

I am afraid I haven't been there, even though I live fairly close by.

It has an excellent reputation. French orientation, not cutting edge in any way, but not old fashioned either.

Some of my co-workers believe it is the best restaurant in the country (I am not in the food business), and I would have surely gone there long ago was it not because it is quite pricey.

Not sure how useful this information is...but there it is.... :rolleyes:

I am afraid I haven't been there, even though I live fairly close by.

It has an excellent reputation. French orientation, not cutting edge in any way, but not old fashioned either.

Some of my co-workers believe it is the best restaurant in the country (I am not in the food business), and I would have surely gone there long ago was it not because it is quite pricey.

Not sure how useful this information is...but there it is.... :rolleyes:

Any info is useful. Thank you.

I agree fully with FDE.

I went to Falsled Kro first time in November last year. I have reviewed the restaurant on my blog:

http://verygoodfood.wordpress.com/tag/falsled-kro/ Unfortunately I didn't get to sleep there though.

Food wise I would definitely choose Søllerød Kro over Falsled. This is my latest Søllerød Kro experience: http://verygoodfood.wordpress.com/2007/07/09/sollerodkro/

Trine

Everybody should have a change of dining at Noma - at least once in their life.

My blog