• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

EV

tommy

went last night for the first time to this "all caps" italian in paterson.

lots of "bang for your buck" at this "horribly decorated" "red sauce and pasta" "joint." the vibe is "definitely diner," with pink table cloths and glass on top. "more mirrors than a cheap motel" add another interesting element. had a "decent" fusilli puttanensca. the menu said spaghetti, but our server was "more than happy" to sub fussili saying "that's my favorite." server was "attentive and nice." portions were "so big" you could feed all of "paterson" *and* "west paterson" with the left-overs. the "muzz and roasted tomato" app was only passable, with "dry flavorless" muzz and very "little" in the "way of" dressing. filet mignon bruschetta was "covered" with chopped tomato, without "much" filet mignon. the wine list is "suprisingly expensive" and rather "mediocre." chianti classico "came in" at about 32 bucks or so.

"beer and wine only"

"highly recommended" if you are about "20" and on "a date."

"70 bucks for 2 apps, 2 entrees, and a bottle of wine"

"cash only."

322 Chamberlain Ave. (bet. Preakness & Redwood Aves.)

Paterson (973) 942-8080

Owners "concerned" about "negative attitude of dining party". Staff expressed "shock" about "minimal tip", and suggested remedial action.

"Tony and Furio" (often eat here and) "never had a bad thing to say about the muzz." Furio reported to be "insulted and disrespected" while Adriana expressed interest in the "good looking, curly haired stud muffin" who called the food "eff'n bad." Chris wants "a betta descrip and that guy's lisenz numba"

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

Screw E&V. Its lived on its reputation too long. Go right on rt 46E to La Riveria 421 RT 46E

Clifton NJ

973 478 4181

I'll meet you for lunch, I work right down the block. If not, try the seafood salad and the bolognese sauce. Lousy wine list, but if you ask nice they'll let you bring your own.

I'm a NYC expat. Since coming to the darkside, as many of my freinds have said, I've found that most good things in NYC are made in NJ.

My friends and I used to go there for the portions not the quality.(most of my friends are six feet and over, 200+ pounds. gnocci bolognese was the fav. Never brought home left overs. After we would get gelato on that main street. Nowadays we head to the rodizio's in Newark.

• 4 weeks later...

After many years of hearing about E&V, finally went with a party of five. The calamari was done to a turn and outstanding. Tlhe veal parm. was dry, thin and overly sauced and tasteless. I have had better in diners. Chicken marsala was tough and stringy. Seafood over pasts was just o.k. Steak was o.k. but had to be sent back since it was ultra rare. Wait staff was courteous and professional. Our waiter knew I was interested in hot and spicy. He brought me a bowl of potato and hot pepper soup, which was really hot and really tasty. The best part of the experience was the wait staff. Large portions are useless if they are tasteless.