• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Antique cookbooks online

Barry Foy

Can anyone direct me to any antique cookbooks that are viewable page by page online? I already know about the excellent Feeding America site, and I'm wondering if there's anything else like it out there, either individual books or collections. Thanks.

gfron1---That is an amazing list. Should be just the thing. FYI, I don't know if anyone else will have a similar problem, but I couldn't open the link in the original posting. However, there's a functioning link on The Old Foodie website.

rconnelly---I'll note that source for future reference. This time around, though, I'm looking for books whose pages I can read onscreen. Thanks for the tip.

• 2 months later...
There are some here: The Food Timeline

The foodtimeline.org is fantastic! You should also try google books. Even better: go to various universities around the states. Many of them have huge digitzation projects-etc. You can find cook books from the 1700's to present scaned in for you. All free too! Also try project Gutenberg, online books:

http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Cookery_(Bookshelf)

Most of these don't have any copyright restrictions.

• 6 months later...