• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Omaha Chefs

ChefCAG

I hope this is an appropriate place to post this. I have a friend who is looking for chefs in Omaha to do demos at the “Taste of Omaha” for Turbo chef ovens. Free PR and a chance to work with these things. These ovens are pretty bad ass.

http://www.turbochef.com/residential/products/gallery.aspx

So she is looking for people that are good and have some versatility.

Any suggestions?

Edited by ChefCAG (log)

“Nobody can be so amusingly arrogant as a young man who has just discovered an old idea and thinks it is his own." - Sydney J. Harris

I hope this is an appropriate place to post this. I have a friend who is looking for chefs in Omaha to do demos at the “Taste of Omaha” for Turbo chef ovens. Free  PR and a chance to work with these things.  These ovens are pretty bad ass.

Any suggestions?

Are these things as sweet as they sound? I might be getting new equipment and have been asked. Darn, wish I was up that way, I sure would volunteer to play with one. The Garland stove that I have, the ovens really, really, really suck big time. The stove top is no problem, but the ovens are some of the coldest ovens I have ever worked with. And I hate the broiler function, it is a piece of crap also. But I didn't work here when they were specking the kitchen. Some ding dong designer did.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!

I hope this is an appropriate place to post this. I have a friend who is looking for chefs in Omaha to do demos at the “Taste of Omaha” for Turbo chef ovens. Free  PR and a chance to work with these things.  These ovens are pretty bad ass.

Any suggestions?

Are these things as sweet as they sound? I might be getting new equipment and have been asked. Darn, wish I was up that way, I sure would volunteer to play with one. The Garland stove that I have, the ovens really, really, really suck big time. The stove top is no problem, but the ovens are some of the coldest ovens I have ever worked with. And I hate the broiler function, it is a piece of crap also. But I didn't work here when they were specking the kitchen. Some ding dong designer did.

Ah, yes..the professional kitchen designer. Usually someone who has not cooked in restaurant kitchens. I feel for you Joiei, I've been there!